- Phosphonates Antiscalants, Corrosion
Inhibitors and Chelating Agents
- Salts of Phosphonates
- Tetra Sodium Salt of 1-Hydroxy Ethylidene-1,1-Diphosphonic Acid (HEDP?Na4)
- 2-Phosphonobutane -1,2,4-Tricarboxylic Acid, Sodium salt (PBTC?Na4)
- Penta sodium salt of Amino Trimethylene Phosphonic Acid (ATMP?Na5)
- Hepta sodium salt of Diethylene Triamine Penta (Methylene Phosphonic Acid) (DTPMP?Na7)
- Potassium Salt of HexaMethylene-DiamineTetra (MethylenePhosphonic Acid) HMDTMPA?K6
- Polycarboxylic antiscalant and dispersant
- Biodegradable antiscalant and dispersant
- Biocide and Algicide
- Built Scale & Corrosion Inhibitors and Pretreatment Filming Agents
- KR-907 Non-P Scale&Corrosion Inhibitor
- KR-503 Scale and Corrosion Inhibitor for Boiler
- KR-503B Scale and Corrosion Inhibitor for Boiler
- KR-504 Scale and Corrosion Inhibitor for Heating Water
- KR-601 Scale and Corrosion Inhibitor for Iron & Steel Plant
- KR-604 Scale and Corrosion Inhibitor for Power Plant
- Corrosion Inhibitor
- Oxygen Scavenger
- Reverse Osmosis Chemicals
- Cationic surfactant
Zaozhuang Kerui Chemicals. Co., Ltd.
E-mail: [email protected]
Contact: Kobe Huang
ADD: Xiazhuang，Taozhuang County,Xuecheng District,Zaozhuang City,Shandong，China
1-Hydroxy Ethylidene-1,1-Diphosphonic Acid
CAS No. 2809-21-4
Molecular Formula: C2H8O7P2 Molecular weight: 206.02
HEDP is an organophosphoric acid corrosion inhibitor. It can chelate with Fe, Cu, and Zn ions to form stable chelating compounds.It can dissolve the oxidized materials on these metals’ surfaces. HEDP shows excellent scale and corrosion inhibition effects under temperature 250℃. HEDP has good chemical stability under high pH value, hard to be hydrolyzed, and hard to be decomposed under ordinary light and heat conditions. Its acid/alkali and chlorine oxidation tolerance are better than that of other organophosphoric acids (salt). HEDP can react with metal ions in water system to form hexa-element chelating complex, with calcium ion in particular. Therefore, HEDP has good antiscale and visible threshold effects. When built together with other water treatment chemicals, it shows good synergistic effects.
The solid state of HEDP is crystal powder, suitable for usage in winter and freezing districts. Because of its high purity, it can be used as cleaning agent in electronic fields and as additives in daily chemicals.
|Appearance||Clear, Colorless to pale yellow aqueous solution||White crystal powder|
|Active content (HEDP)%||60 min||90.0 min|
|Active content (HEDP·H2O)%||-||98.0 min|
|Phosphorous acid (as PO33-)%||1.0 max||0.8 max|
|Phosphoric acid (asPO43- )%||0.6 max||0.5 max|
|Chloride (as Cl-) ppm||100.0 max||100.0max|
|pH (1% solution)||2.0 max||2.0 max|
|Fe，mg/L||10.0 max||5.0 max|
|Colour APHA (Hazen)||40.0 max||-|
|Ca sequestration (mg CaCO3/g)||500.0 min|
HEDP is used as scale and corrosion inhibition in circulating cool water system, oil field and low-pressure boilers in fields such as electric power, chemical industry, metallurgy, fertilizer, etc.. In light woven industry, HEDP is used as detergent for metal and nonmetal. In dyeing industry, HEDP is used as peroxide stabilizer and dye-fixing agent; In non-cyanide electroplating, HEDP is used as chelating agent. The dosage of 1-10mg/L is preferred as scale inhibitor, 10-50mg/L as corrosion inhibitor, and 1000-2000mg/L as detergent. Usually, HEDP is used together with polycarboxylic acid.
Package and Storage:
HEDP liquid: 200L plastic drum,IBC(1000L),customers’ requirement.
HEDP solid: 25kg/bag,customers’ requirement.
Storage for ten months in room shady and dry place.
Acidity, Avoid contact with eye and skin, once contacted, flush with water.